top of page

FA TROPHY: Our response to the FA decision

Buildbase FA Trophy (pictured)

Following the decision by the FA and DCMS the club has sought further advice and will not travel to tonight’s scheduled match vs Maidstone United.

As a club our first thoughts have to be with the players, staff and officials of both teams who will be forced to play a match in Tier 4 against wider Government regulations. As a ‘non-elite’ team, we do not accept the decision of both bodies given all the news coverage and medical expert advice provided.

We will not put families and lives at stake. It’s clear that no football match outside of the top level is COVID safe. We will not demand that our players travel in separate cars across the country to a tier 4 area. We have no clear clarification on the insurance procedures and coverage either. We’ve also been truly shocked by some of the wider fan comments who have a very reckless view on COVID and its effects. But more disappointed at the collective decision that has been made.

We are not withdrawing from the competition, and believe the FA can still make a sensible decision to postpone until it is safe to play. We will await further communication from the FA.

7,353 views3 comments
bottom of page