top of page

Frome Town 1 Kings Langley 0

Frome Scorers: TJ Davies (86) Kings Langley Scorers: None Crowd: 231 Frome Auto Electricals MoM: Sam Teale

Sam Teale
Sam Teale (MoM) & Paddy (Frome Auto Electricals)

A week is a long time in football, and a much improved Frome Town made it two wins on the trot as substitute TJ Davies rifled home the only real chance in the 86th minute of a defence dominated match with few chances that  Frome probably just shaded.

After the poor result against Basingstoke last Saturday, Frome had upset the form book by winning 3-1 at undefeated Methyr Town on Bank Holiday Monday, and with the same side starting this match, the fans were keen to see if the upturn in form could be carried on at home against Kings Langley who started the day on the same points total as Frome.

The match started off with Frome on the front foot and having much more width with Kane Simpson and Dan Demkiv playing wide roles and with Harry Baker always causing problems with his movement, Frome looked much better immediately.

Kings Langley were a little lucky to get away with it in the 3rd minute as keeper Charlie Burns completely missed his punch at a corner to the the surprise of everyone and a flowing move by Frome in the 12th allowed Simpson to test Burns with a low 20 yarder that thudded into his body.

At the other end, Connor Roberts looked back to his best playing as a sweeper and allowing Sam Teale to attack any balls into the box, and the visitors were also being restricted to the occasional long range shots that caused James Corey no real problems.

Having said that, clear cut chances were proving hard to come by, and Frome’s first real chance arrived in the 34th as Teale rose highest to a corner, only for his glanced downward header to just evade the far post and with Kings Langley also struggling to hit the net, the scorer remained untroubled at half time.

The second half was more of the same, but Frome looked to be more on the front foot and after Jarrell Johnson had been booked for a blatant block on Ricky Scott, they were again a little lucky as Burns completely lost his footing as he went up for the easy free kick, but again there was nobody there to take advantage of the mistake.

As the match progressed, the visitors seemed to be perhaps having more of the game, but their possession generally ended in a weak or poorly directed shot and it seemed like the game could be headed for a goalless draw, or if not then one goal was probably going to decide it.

Frome did go close in the 85th as Demkiv did very well on the right to fire in an inviting cross only for Davies to be slightly ahead of the ball, but the home side kept up the pressure and the deadlock was finally broken in the 86th as Kris Miller whipped in a right wing cross that took a deflection and fell invitingly for Davies to hit a half volley into the far corner with Burns just getting a despairing hand to the ball.

As the minutes ticked away, Langley went looking for the equaliser, and it looked horribly ominous in the 4th minute of injury time as substitute Steven Ward went to ground under a challenge in the Frome area, but the referee saw it as simulation, booked Ward and Frome hung on to the end without difficulty to make it a very good six points in a week.

All in all, this was very good, very disciplined display by an improving Frome side and as experience grows, they should improved in a league where everyone seems capable of beating everyone else at the moment.

Sam Teale was chosen for his second  Man of the Match Award in a row by match sponsors Frome Auto Electrical

157 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page