top of page

Frome 2-1 Bristol Manor Farm

Southern League Cup Frome Scorers: Davies ‘28 Jackson ‘32

Bristol Manor Farm Scorers: Metters ‘90

Crowd: 103

Star Man: Ben Griffiths TEAM: Kyle Phillips, Ben Griffiths, Sam Teale (c), Ben Morgan, Marcus Mapstone, Chas Hemmings

Jon Davies (67), George Miller (c), Jake Jackson, Ryan Bath (67), Darren Jefferies, Ollie Knight (67)

Joe Raynes (67), Ben Cleverley

By Colin Carpenter

Frome Town progressed to the next round of the Southern League Cup ‘aka the

Cup’ thanks to two goals in the space of 4 minutes from Jon Davies and Jake Jackson though after

Manor Farm had pulled it back to 2-1 in the 90th with a goal from Jordan Metters they very nearly

took it to penalties right at the end.

Frome were a little slow to get going in this match and in the opening exchanges Manor Farm looked

the more likely to open the scoring with Metters shooting over in the 4th minute as he found himself

in acres of space and with Kye Holly setting Metters up again shortly afterwards Frome were a little

fortunate to still be level after the first ten minutes.

However they did settle to their task and with Davies playing wide on the left and Darren Jefferies

playing wide on the right they started to make inroads into the opposition half but Manor Farm were

always dangerous on the break and a lovely passing move in the 19th led to Ben Bament shooting

just wide on the turn.

Frome took the lead in the 28th as Davies went on a run that started on the left wing and as he cut

into the box he let fly with a shot that seemed to ricochet off at least two defenders before going over the line and they then made it 2-0 four minutes later as Davies broke and fed the ball to Jackson who seemed to have no chance as the only red shirt in a sea of yellow but he somehow found space turned and shot low into the corner.

The remainder of the first half was all about Manor Farm going forward but the Frome defence was

up to the challenge and the final ball was never enough to cause Kyle Phillips any real problems in

the home goal.

The lead could very easily have been 3-0 right at the start of the second half as a through ball but

Jackson totally through on goal but Ashley Cook did well to deny the striker with a low save to push

the ball out for a corner.

Sam Teale clipped the Manor Farm crossbar with a shot in the 61st as he cut in from the left wing but

on the whole despite always being a fast open game both sides were finding it hard to really trouble

the opposing keeper but Frome did fashion half chances in the 80th and 82nd as first Jefferies and

then Knight got to the dead ball line but couldn’t find the killer pass for the goal that would settle the


Manor Farm pulled it back to 2-1 in the 90th as a right wing corner was only partially cleared and

Metters drove home from close range after Phillips had saved and a minute later the visitors should

really have pulled the score level as a low driven cross was completely missed at the far post by

Bament allowing Jefferies to immediately attack for Frome but again the pull back wasn’t quite as

exact as it might have been.

Ben Griffiths was awarded the H&B Tyres Man of the Match Award for a very good game at right


73 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page