top of page

Bashley 3 - 2 Frome Town

Updated: Oct 24, 2023

Frome fell victim to Bashley once again as they suffered defeat at the Glen Mex Stadium.

The Robins went into the game knowing the difficulties of facing Bashley in the past, but, with just one loss in their last 13 games, the visitors would have been confident to grab a result.

However, it was a slow start from the away side and, just six minutes into the game, Bashley found themselves 1-0 up through debutant Sean Wright.

The early goal was a wake-up call for Frome and a true test of character - it’s not often that Frome have found themselves behind in the league this season.

As the minutes went by, Frome started to get a foothold in the game, with the first significant chances coming the way of Ross Staley who had a volley well blocked in the 17th minute and a free-kick in the 19th that sailed over the bar.

Frome’s resilience and determination finally paid off in the 25th minute through Jon Davies who slotted past Ross Casey in the Bashley goal, following a superb lay off from Kane Simpson.

The celebrations didn’t last long, however, as five minutes later the Bash were awarded a penalty after a handball in the box.

Brett Williams made no mistake from the spot as he fired his penalty into the bottom right corner.

It was end-to-end for the remainder of the half, Bashley having two good chances on the stroke of half-time with Max Wilcock's volley flashing just past the post.

The referee blew his whistle for half-time, and it was déjà vu for Frome, who once again had found themselves in a difficulty against Bashley.

The second-half didn’t go the way manager Danny Greaves would have wanted as Bashley came out from the break on top.

The Hampshire side should have gone 3-1 up in the 54th minute through Kaya Tshaka, his effort from seven yards out flying miles over the bar.

Tshaka’s blushes were spared ten minutes later when the home side made it 3-1, Connor Whiteley scoring after a scramble in the Frome box.

Following the goal, Greaves felt the need to make changes, with Rusher and Taylor coming on for Teale and Staley respectively.

The introduction of replacements did not have the desired effect that the manager envisioned they would have. With the exception of a few crosses, Frome struggled to break down the resilient Bashley defence for the remainder.

That was until the 95th minute, when defender Matt Wood managed to grab a conciliation goal slotting past the keeper, with just seconds to spare.

The referee blew his whistle ending Frome’s unbeaten run in the league and prolonging their woes against their bogey team.

That makes it four consecutive games across two seasons without a win against Bashley, a record that will need to be put right soon.

Frome are back in action next Friday as they face Cribbs for a place in the second round of the FA Trophy.

Match report by Harrison Richards.


Don't miss out! Tickets for our upcoming cup tie and league fixtures are available to buy at the links below:

260 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page